Sunday, March 2, 2014

D and zippers...

Everyone knows kids and zippers can be complicated. They get stuck. They don't open all the way. They won't start right. They zip right off the top. With D in particular we have had a string of poor zippers. Zippers that I can't even zip easily. Zippers, especially on winter coats, that give out everywhere leaving a little boy chilly until spring. (New rule for me - no second hand boy coats - girls. boys - nope.

D too had so many issues with getting things lined up right. It takes patience and persistence for sure to get any zipper going.

Well, today for the first time I've seen, we had some bragging rights. D came running up to me, "mommy watch me zip my sweater,' he said with confidence. "Okay," I said and I waited. I waited some more, but I held my tongue. It took about 6 tries but then he got it and he was so proud! "I'm glad to see you were so persistent and patient," I said. Now, if we could just be that way with so many other things in life that are challenging.


No comments:

Post a Comment