I remember just a couple of years ago walking VERY slowly down our block. Tiny little feet needed more time. Yesterday I walked with those BIG boy feet to look at possible new homes. One was just a block away in Wauwatosa, but felt small and dark. We could have made it work, but it seemed not right. The second was bright and sunny. Still small, but with a great deck out back and a yard that I can plant flowers in! We talked price and D and I were sold. He's agreed to bunk with his sister - provided he gets the top bunk - check.
It feels like for the last two months, I've been that little 2 year old slowly waddling around trying to get somewhere. Yesterday, it was Big Girl step time. Time to take care of my own place (this is my first time living without a roommate too).
It's not going to be easy... Lots to think about... Lots to figure out in the coming weeks, but we're getting there.
So grateful to find a place so close to the kids dad. I think we were all in a very mixed emotions place yesterday.
So grateful for the new work I begin tomorrow.
So grateful for the beauty of today and the creation springing forth.
Simple and true.
Oh and yesterday I saw God in a Chinese woman - the mother of one of my landlords visiting to help with their move. She fed me with wonderful authentic food and it was amazing...
A busy day, cleaning, prepping for tomorrow, grocery shopping....
No comments:
Post a Comment