Saturday, March 22, 2014

Cross+Training Day 18... 7K to release...

May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground... The song by Fun. rang in my ears as I ran today. 7K. Just over 4 miles. Most races I can speed up my pace a bit, but today, the emotions and the adrenaline pushed me hard.
Grateful for my friend Melissa for keeping up with me. Grateful for the race officials and police officers that made the route secure. Grateful for the ability to run. 

Today, I ran off some of the emotions that are swirling. The first three miles flew by. The last, well, the wind hit, my legs were tired, but more my lungs and heart were drained. Somehow that last turn came and I was ready. I took off in a sprint. Still I had no idea I had paced as quickly as I did until I checked the results online later. 10:07/mile pace. A personal best and a 7K that gave me a much needed break today.

A pre-run photo. Yes, the tattoo is temporary.


On that route too, there was God. All the way with all the officials who cheered and encouraged and kept everyone safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment