Quick sidebar... This one was great for a power nap I used it at my mom's house before traveling home with the kids and I was so refreshed I didn't need to stop for the usual Starbucks!
Okay, back to praying for 5 minutes. I think praying with quiet is good, but sometimes too quiet is just that, too quiet. Sometimes, quiet is also not quiet enough. Cars up and down the street. A passerby talking on their cell phone. Here's the mail lady. You get the picture. So the meditation bell or mindfulness bell was my solution. It measured out five minutes. It wasn't too quiet. Best of all the time seemed to fly by! I know, I know, prayer shouldn't be rushed. So, give it a shot if you like and comment and tell me if it worked for you.
So where did you see God today? This morning I saw God in D. He's rounded the corner and is now, more often than not, cooperative. It reminded me that God gives us time and that as time passes things will change. Sometimes the change is hard, and I know D will go back to a phase that is harder, but that it will pass and be okay. Give thanks, Give thanks.
As I was out walking today, I gave thanks for sublimation! What is that you say? A wonderful, wonderful thing that all Wisconsinites should be grateful for, snow disappearing before our very eyes! That's right, snow that goes directly from snow to water vapor without being a liquid. Best thing today, when I looked it up online to see how much this happens I found three things about sublimation. It works best with sun! Sublimation is also aided by wind. Finally, the snow will disappear more rapidly with low humidity. All three of these have been going on in way or another lately. So the snow is going, people. I repeat, the snow is leaving! Want to learn more? Check our this link.
Today, I also am giving thanks for our library system. I have checked out so many awesome books these last few weeks including Malcolm Gladwell's latest David and Goliath. I'll have to share more about this in a future blog.
Finally, today I give thanks for my sister Angie. She has been more of a support system than she realizes, I think. Perhaps more on that another day as well.
Exercise! MOVE, MOVE, MOVE! Cross+Training, 30 minutes of exercise! I enjoyed another walk today. The weather is just fine for a walk and my lungs are still recovering from a sinus infection so running and Jillian Michaels will just have to wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment