So, I know you are reading this and it's nice to know that people are reading, but today, I have a question I hope you can help with.
Is it okay to be thankful for the trivial?
I was laying down to sleep last night and running through my head what I wanted to write today and kept thinking, I'm thankful for... my new hair highlights. Seriously? Hair highlights? Who cares. There are HUGE things go one in this world. I should be thankful for and AM thankful for my friend in California posting that they are okay after the 5.1 magnitude earthquake.
Does it feel good to be grateful for something so trivial as hair highlights? Is is fair to the big picture of life and the world and the creation? (Don't start on how chemicals are bad for the earth and they went down the drain, etc. etc.)
Maybe it isn't even the triviality of things that make them seem less worthy of gratitude, but perhaps it's their self-serving nature. It makes me feel great so therefore I really shouldn't be thankful for that.
If you do a simple search for Bible verses talking about thankfulness you can find a TON of ways and reasons to be thankful. Not one says, be thankful for your hair highlights, shocking I know. Still, they are also full of a huge variety of things, not just the big stuff of the world.
So, yup, in additional to being grateful for my friends in California, I am grateful for my hair highlights and I am grateful that I'll be checking out two apartments today.
So, what do you think? Is it okay to be thankful for the trivial?
We talked to D about all of our family changes yesterday... It's going to be a long road, but alright, especially in D's mind if he gets a bunk bed,
No comments:
Post a Comment