Saturday, March 15, 2014

Cross+Training Day 11... Always learning, forever remembering...

Since last night was so late, it almost feels like today is the same day. How I remember those days from my time as an architecture student at UWM! There are many ways my education at SARUP trained me for life. I didn't decorate cakes like this one below, but I did learn to think creatively and on my feet. Perhaps it seems a bit silly or shallow to be thankful for my college years in this way, but I think college has many lessons that aren't just academic.




I was thinking more about these lessons that college or any class or even books can teach us about ourselves and the world around us this weekend. Sometimes the simplest of things can be more profound that they first seem. So, I'm also thankful for learning in all parts of life. One thing that came to mind specifically was children's books. We read and re-read some classics and some not-so classics to children and the lessons carry on through the generations.

Today of course was the "big 2" birthday party. We had friends and family with us to celebrate and of course one of the nicest friends of all who says "hello" to everyone... Hello Kitty.  I'm thankful finally for photos that help us remember these moments that will always go buy too fast and for "Grandpa Tom" our budding tattoo artist... temporary tattoo artists that is! Warning to get a tattoo from Tom you must sing the ABC's to allow for a proper cure...

The tattoo crowd... all inked up!



Today being physical meant that I was standing from about 6:30AM until 5:30PM and I loved every minute of the cooking and preparation and saw God in the ways everyone pitched in to help with the clean-up or entertaining the kids so the cooking got done or reading stories and snuggling to help settle out the sugar highs before bedtime. What a day. Now I will rest too! A few shots of the cake eating just for kicks :)





No comments:

Post a Comment