Friday, March 14, 2014

Cross+Training Day 10... The night is young...

It's a late night post and there is much left today because tomorrow is a special little girl's 2nd birthday party! Honestly, I'm not sure how it will all get done, but luckily tonight I am grateful for my mom and sister who will come early tomorrow, put up with my stress and desire to have everything just so. I love having people around, throwing parties, making special food. It is something that gives me purpose. I am the biblical Martha more often than Mary (this blog is Mary, for the record). So the night is young and there is a cake recipe that might not be done tonight, but will certainly be prepped tonight. There is a special birthday sign for a little lady that is mostly done and hopefully will be finished tonight too. Of course there are yummy fixings for all sort of good things also ready to go but not quite there yet. Why so far behind?

My second gratitude good conversations about work. I had several conversations about a possible future direction this week and for that I'm grateful. Regardless of if any of them work out, movement is better than no movement.

Finally, the night is young and I am a night owl more often than the early bird. So, tonight, it will be a late night of preparations and all the while I will think of a little lady who means so much today. Today, we spent a beautiful day together at the zoo while her brother was in zoo class. She makes me smile and laugh and reminds me that life is a joyous thing to experience. Together we saw God in a zoo keeper tending to an animal's enclosure. We saw God in the sun shining in puddles. We saw God in the polar bear relishing the cool air and March sun and we saw God in each other's eyes as we prayed before bed time.

So, though it will be a long night, the day was worth it. I got a solid 30 minutes of brisk walking in as Sophie fell into a lovely stroller nap and well over 4 hours of beautiful sun and fresh spring air. That I hope will carry me through.

D being sneaky
I tried to take his photo in the fish and reptile building

No comments:

Post a Comment