Thursday, July 18, 2013

Seattle... Day one

Well the posting while on vacation was tough. Typing on a cell phone laborious, so here I am home from our trip and finally getting a few minutes to post.

Sophie's first flight was great! She had a cold and slight fever in the morning, so I was worried about ear popping and congestion, but she really didn't cry much, enjoyed playing and eating on the flight and caught a nice nap. The in-air time was about 4 hours on the way out so this was no cake-walk for a first flight. When we landed we did a little extra running to get the rental car and got settled at the Oberdeck's abode a great remodeled home in NE Seattle.

I can't say enough about our gracious hosts, putting up with the drama of our family on a vacation for a week is amazingly generous of them. The big kids (D and EV) kids love playing together, but play like sibling, rivaling each other to do the next big thing, antagonizing each other with pokes and prods and in general pushing my buttons. Luckily even when our other friends arrived we still had a one-to-one child ratio and three of the kids are less than 15 months.

I'm downloading all my photos now, so soon we'll get those up too.
It's hot here in Wisconsin - 90 plus today and in a home without central air, I'm melting. Time to hit the grocery store and restock us for the week ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment