Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Cross+Training Day 20... An early morning instead of a late night...

Yesterday, should not have been a long day and it just ended up being one, so the gratitudes were in my head last night and not being typed on this screen.

I'm grateful for Kimmy this morning and the way she remembers and honors people - especially her dad who would have been 72 yesterday. I am amazed by her memory and persistent positive reminders that God is present and life is good. She thinks she's lucky to have me in her life, but I know, again and again that I am the lucky one.

As I fell asleep I was also thinking about the weather yet to come. I know, maybe that's a side of weather pessimism about the temperatures this week, but we know in Wisconsin, it's coming. I was thinking about apartments to look at and then remembered that I better ask about air conditioning! It will get warmer and Sunday is looking to be a stellar day.

So, since the weather is getting warmer and beautiful, of course I would be contacted about a possible job offer! I need to see if it will come with any health insurance benefits and if it will be full-time and pay enough, but it's movement. Always so glad for that.

As I walked yesterday, I prayed. I was enjoying the weather and the sun and thoughts of the future, but my prayer was that I learn more from these moments moving forward. Learn more from being alone and more from desiring work. I think that's a good prayer for Lent...and to feel God in those moments as well as see God in the joyful times and places. As I walked, I thought again about seeing God in my friends and family who have supported me practically and emotionally and spiritually. What a gift to be able to say, 'I have friends.' Maybe that sounds trite or stuck up, but I know there are people everyday walking all around me that could use a smile and a hand and someone to text them first thing in the morning like Kimmy does so often with a greeting and a smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment