Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cross+Training Day 13... A day late

A whirlwind whipped through the day and whoosh. Here it is, Tuesday! So, this is Monday's post and gratitudes just a day late...

I have to admit, I love coffee shops. All different kinds. Each one, yes even the chains, have their own unique feel. Their "people" and sounds. Yesterday, I enjoyed one of my favorites in Milwaukee, Valentine Coffee Roasters. As I sat and worked on the continued job search I reflected on how grateful I am when people follow their passions. It's such a gift to see what one person's energy and idea can blossom into and Valentine is just that and also a darn good cup of coffee.

After a morning of computer screen time, I really enjoyed a break, cleaned up the house a bit and fit in my 30-minutes of exercise with a quick walk and continued gratitude for the signs of spring including the first flowers! Yes, there is one house in our neighborhood that has an amazing little area always clear of snow first with tiny white flowers up and ready to pop open in the sun.

The day ended with a fun dinner of 2-year-old party leftovers including a left over corn dog muffin for D and a picked up for St. Patty's Day rueben sandwich for me. So giving thanks for one of my favorites of the season sauerkraut. For the record D thought it smelled terrible.

God was there last night as I tucked my sweet babies to bed. D thinking about the dreams he would have and giving a bedtime blessing. It's an easy out to see God there and I think a good one. To end the day always reminded of the dreams that will dance in their heads and the mystery of how we all came to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment