Life is full of twists and turns. S's arrival was two weeks early and interrupted work and life and everything just as a birth should. It changes things, rearranges priorities and creates new challenges along with new joys. Today, I'm giving thanks for some of those twists and turns and unexpected challenges, joys and connections. It was wonderful to see God in my conversation about a friend's 6-month old and in my chat with the woman at a checkout register. Both conversations were different, but in both, the people I was learning from shared the love they have for their children. Love that is this glimmer of God's love for all of us and that is amazing.
I'm also giving thanks for the joyful memories I have from those early days with S and the many, many people who helped us.
Finally, I'm giving thanks for possible new directions and for potential work and the reality that the "just right" fit of a new job is closer now than before. Tomorrow, I will have more conversations about this and so tonight my words are brief as they should be. Sleep, that was so lacking when Sophie was just a few days old is not only lacking if I don't rest when I know I should. The babies are sleeping and soon I will be too!
p.s. my exercise today was mall walking for a suit to wear to interviews - and yes, that counts!


No comments:
Post a Comment