Wow, I started to realize as I was out on a chilly but sunny day for a walk today that Lent is almost half over. The year is flashing by and I feel like I should be further. I should have more done. I should. I should. I should... I should figure out what matters most. I should move forward and forget. I should. I should. I should. And where do all those I should's end up? Today, this morning, even though the sermon wasn't about the Gospel... (Sorry Pastor Ari, I missed about 99.9% of the sermon today) The should's left me at the well. When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” (John 4:7) I just want the drink of water... and Jesus says, nope, you need more. You can keep throwing all those shoulds at yourself, you need more than a should. You need to remember to rely on me.
So, that's my reflection for today. My hope that continuing to see the gratitudes will remind me of the presence of God among us always. I'm continually grateful for new my church community who hasn't looked at me struggling with two noisy kids and scorned me for it. I'm grateful they always have post-worship bribes, I mean snacks. I'm grateful that I continue to be blessed with friends and family who call and text and remember they are part of that living water. Friends that give generously of their time and resources and friends that show me God in living water every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment