Well, 30 minutes of exercise or an hour of squirming in an interview chair? Really it was a good conversation and didn't feel like a harsh interview at all. I enjoyed a second interview today and now am waiting to see.... but I didn't get the exercise in today. Some of this was also weather based, but I shouldn't make excuses and instead will forgive myself and try again tomorrow. I'll also forgive myself that this blog post is a bit disjointed today!
Exercise aside, it was a day full of gratitudes really all about conversation. A wonderful reconnection with a friend that reminded me of my strength and capabilities. Not to mention someone who could help me sort out my many interview questions with patience and grace and prayer at the same time. That is a gift, a huge gift, to be given before walking into a second interview.
I'm also extremely grateful for friends who jump in and help out, like Sarah. She made special arrangements to pick up D today so that I didn't have to worry about rushing back from my interview and then we managed to get her kids and my kids out to dinner together - 2 adults, 4 kids - whew! Sarah is the queen of redirecting kids and just loves children in a way that I have to sit back and just observe in awe. The conversation between us was limited with four kids, but the conversation between Sarah and the kids was at times masterpiece to behold.
At dinner, I saw God in one of the workers at Culvers. She brought out D's cone and unfortunately it was the wrong flavor. I explained to her I thought he'd ordered a different kind as he put on a whimper face. She said, "It's okay, I'll get that one instead." When she returned she was all smiles and as I apologized for the confusion she just said, "It's my pleasure." You could tell, it really was her pleasure to serve and to care for people beyond a paycheck.
Final thoughts from the day...
Do you have someone in your life that you just can't believe is there? If I look back and think, there is no way anyone could have planned for Bee to be in my life, but here she is and tonight, Bee is my third conversation of gratitude. She sees a bigger picture and is full of wisdom and a lot of grace. I think I also see how sometimes, when a family evolves and we don't see it as a good evolution, eventually with time, things right themselves and can be even better. It's hard to really explain without a full story... perhaps this is something I will work on in the future - writing a full story without all those details.
No comments:
Post a Comment