Saturday, March 8, 2014

Cross+Training Day 4 When prayers intersect...

It's mid-afternoon and the sun is shining, the snow is melting and slowly it feels like we are making some progress on this whole idea of spring. As I sat in prayer today running through many, many people, suddenly, two people converged. Two people in completely different situations, completely different connections to me in so many ways. Yet, my prayer for both of them, was the same. I don't know if you've ever come across this in your prayer life, but it was new to me. Perhaps, because in my mind, one person is a friend and the other has wronged me. Perhaps, like me you haven't been asked to pray for 5 MINUTES STRAIGHT every day. Regardless of why the occurrence was a wow for me.

Today I'm grateful for water! Fresh, drinkable straight from the tap water. I've started a "drinking 64 ounce per day" water challenge and the fact that I can' just do this without working all that hard really struck me. There is water at all the sinks in my home to drink, water when I'm out at a restaurant, water at the schools and in stores. It's there and available.

I'm also grateful that throughout life we can make new friends. Last night, a friend invited me to go to a local school's fundraiser - a huge children's consignment sale. Afterward she said she and some girlfriends were heading to a local wine bar to celebrate all the deals they found. I had so much fun getting to know these women and remembering that we all have lots of demands placed on us. Sometimes it's nice to be silly and giggle about the absurdity of life.

I'm also grateful for people who let go. Last night I found a lovely Easter dress for S and two toys for her birthday at about 1/6th the cost they would have been new. Gently used, all the pieces there. Sis going to LOVE this toy and because someone recognized they really didn't need it anymore, I found it at a great price. I wonder how else we can let go of things that maybe we really don't need anymore.
Can't believe she is 2 this week!
Today I saw God in the teachers at S's new preschool! She will start there in April if all goes as planned and the calm and welcome of the teachers put me at ease. This transition will likely be hardest on me, but I know now that S will be just fine.

Time for S and I to get out for a bit! 30 minutes of fresh air walking our neighborhood while D and Daddy are at the Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment