Friday, April 11, 2014

Cross+Training Days 37 & 38... Movements of Lent...

Sunday begins "Holy Week" There is a lot of movement in the stories that are shared in this week of the church year and for the first time in MANY years, I will likely miss them.  I think this might be okay. This year, I will think about the stories of palm branches and feet washing and the intensity of prayer with friends and not be there. I will not be in a place that my heart still misses. I will not be with people I called family or my new church family... It will feel funny and yet, perhaps more focused on the movements of the passion story in a new way.

I have my own movement this week. I'm moving into my new place. Yes, I could wait. I also hear the story that so many will hear on Sunday as Jesus tells his disciples go and there will be a room for us to celebrate waiting. I want that room to be ready for my children to call home next weekend. A second home, full of love and new adventures. A new place to welcome Easter together. I want my movement this week to remind me of all that is holy in my life and in the lives around me. I want my steps and actions to welcome others to see God around them even if they are unsure about who or what God really is.

It's been a long week, but the movement of Lent is nearing a much more glorious movement to come. Resurrection. For that I am grateful.

I am so grateful for a wonderful day yesterday and today. Gratitude for a professor who remembered me and my work from studio over 10 years ago and reminded me that I did good things then. Gratitude for hard honest conversations and grace and forgiveness. Gratitude for the calmness of the lake yesterday and today for my run along the mighty Mullet River that was equally as calm. Gratitude for my family member coming home from surgery. Gratitude for all the people that work so hard without recognition to keep our schools and universities running.

Yesterday, I felt the presence of God in a student who is so excited about all that is to come in their career. The movement that will lead them to change the world in their own way. Today, God was in the nurse that went through all the discharge orders and clearly cares greatly for each and every patient...

Like I said, long week. This is as deep as I'm getting tonight. It is my hope that the weekend will be refreshing in many ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment