Sunday, May 18, 2014

Settling and Grace or Gift or ...

I'm starting to feel settled. New place feels like I belong here. New job. Starting to get some traction on what I need to do and how it can be achieved. New relationships with my kids - some days here - some days not. Settled doesn't always mean good, but it means that the emotions have fewer peaks and valleys and at least for right now, it gives me new hope that life will feel good more days than it feels not so good.

So, that said, I've been thinking a lot about grace. Grace with a capital G. God's Grace. How messed up we all are and there walks in God. Never stopping, never giving up, always and forever love kind of thing (totally swiped from the Jesus Storybook Bible) I get it and I don't, but what's harder for me right now is as a human feeling the urge and desire to 'show God's grace' through my actions and responses to things that are really really hard and sometimes succeeding and more often failing.

Grace. What do you think it really means? Is it possible as a human to show God's grace? (Maybe in a small tiny spurt?) Should we really feel guilt when we can't?

Today, those are my things that make me go hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment