Day 29 - Wednesday, Day 30 - Thursday, Day 31 - Friday, Day 32 - Saturday
Well, now I remember why each time I've tried to blog at all in the past... I can only get a few days in. Work takes up a lot of time. I am always one to dive in, get invested and then my mind gets consumed with those thoughts along with all my other thoughts. I've been able to keep up with exercise because I've been doing so much walking, but I'd love a real RUN! Tomorrow, I hope. Prayer, well, I'm still working on that as a true discipline each day. I have to remind myself before I lay down to sleep because once I get to that point, it's too late.
It's easy on campus to commit a random act of kindness open a door for someone, smile at someone, tell someone they are making a difference. Perhaps, that's one of the reasons I like being there. It feels like a university is full of a great deal of promise and hope. Sometimes though, it gets lost in our doubts and fears. I saw this as a group of newly admitted high schoolers visited campus this past week. They were treated to an amazing day including a drawing workshop with one of the school's visiting fellows. Talk about nervous though. It's intimidating to think about - showing what you can do, around people you don't know. I put on my cheerleader hat. They all needed it whether they showed it or not and I hope they all sensed in the end that it's okay to be unsure as long as you also learning.
So a few gratitudes and then SLEEP!
For all the staff at the hospital who have cared for my mom before, during and after surgery. For my sister who is going the extra mile over and over. For the success of the surgery and a strong recovery. For sunroofs in cars - it feels so good to open them up! For new bedding and bunk beds on order for the kids to begin our time in our new apartment in just a couple of weeks. And for the idea that someone would name a paint color Macaroni and Cheese (no I don't think I'm using it, but it looks cool. For work that is exciting and meaningful. For the staff and faculty who have been so welcoming and re-welcoming. For those who care and support everyone affected at Fort Hood. For reconnecting with old friends. For making new friends. For the city that I live in and the many wonderful opportunities and activities here.
Whew! Alright. Tomorrow, it is my hope that I can be more thoughtful in my words, but for to night I am grateful for sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment