After the show we experienced the curse of the Mexican restaurant. Nothing wrong or bad about the food or atmosphere or service - it was all great! Even Dylan was pretty well behaved. Let me flash back to the weekend before Sophie arrived... we went to one of my favorite Mexican places, Cempazuchi, for lunch and I proceeded to knock over Eric's water while reaching for a chip - what can I say I was very pregnant and very hungry. Today, at Coa, another yummy Mexican place, while trying to help Dylan out, Eric bumped Dylan's milk cup before he could get the sippy top and whoosh, out went the milk. The waitress was right there to help clean up, but I couldn't help bu just laugh. Luckily I had just taken Sophie out of the car seat because some of the milk went in and only her blanket and hat got wet.
This afternoon we rested and then played in the sandbox - Dylan was excited to try out his swim shoes. I was excited to avoid socks filled with sand. While we were napping and playing, Eric made his first attempt at truffles! Yummy :)
Tonight, our friend Laurie from church brought us dinner - we've had lots of yummy treats delivered and this meal was great too. Fajitas and margaritas (I only had a half, but it was great!) and key lime pie for dessert. It has been wonderful to get a meal as new parents. Especially this time around. Today I wasn't thinking the whole time about when I needed to start cooking dinner or what ingredients I needed to make sure we had, I was just relaxing with my family. I played with Dylan had a nice chat with our neighbor and even chatted with my mom on the phone. When Laurie dropped off food, we chatted and again I wasn't worried that dinner would be too delayed and Dylan wouldn't get to bed on time. The food was great, easy to pull out and eat and Dylan was down right when he needed to be. So nice.
Lastly, a photo of Dylan that I just now got off my camera card. We were playing in the yard the weekend before Sophie arrived and I just love this shot.

No comments:
Post a Comment