So, here it is, some of the fun things we did at Christmas time...
We did get a live Christmas tree :) Luckily the boys could manage the selecting, cutting and dragging of the tree back to the car... I was just told at this point that I needed to be on more rest. I couldn't resist the nice weather and time in some fresh air though...
When we realized that we weren't going to travel anywhere for Christmas, the presents started coming to us. Dylan thought this was just fabulous. We tried to do maybe one a day, but somedays, it was more. Here he is enjoying a really fun gift from Auntie Kristie and Uncle Aaron and his cousins Brett, Wyatt & Grant. Luckily we opened this before a little remote controlled car!
We had planned on spending Christmas Eve with a bunch of friends from church, our friends Helen and Haydn and their daughter who is D's age. With the extra rest I was to be on, we ditched the bigger plan, just had Helen and Haydn and asked my mom and sister to sacrifice their beloved CheeseFest on Christmas Eve and spend the night with us having crepes.
Then just 1 day before Christmas Eve, I was put on bedrest. It was a blessing and curse. I wanted to do things, play host, cook, etc. More than anything my legs were killing me from the lack of movement... The blessing came in not going and going and going to church. I got to relax and watch all the fun. My mom and sister managed the filling cooking and Eric made all the crepes. Helen and Haydn still came which was great for Dylan - he loves playing with their daughter and Haydn gets to be wild and rompus with Dylan.
Christmas Day was oh so fun with Santa bringing new toys and a special Dylan sized table and chairs which have been used oh so much.
After all the gift opening and festivity, I got a little rest and grandma, Auntie Angie, Eric and Dylan went to church.
The rest of the photos of gift opening and things will have to wait. I'm finally tired and should again rest...



No comments:
Post a Comment