Saturday, May 28, 2011

Preaching and a new look for D - May 2011

So I've finally caught up a bit with our blog.  I uploaded some fun shots from Holy Week and Easter - both church and home.  We've had a busy spring and things aren't letting up this summer.

The Sunday after Easter I preached for the second time at Lake Park.  Last year I did this on Mother's Day - this year, I said, NO to preaching on Mother's Day - a wise move I think!  If you want to hear my sermon, there is an audio podcast on the church website Lake Park Sermon Here
Preaching is interesting.  It really does give a public voice to so much of what is going on the in community and I believe a good sermon speaks to all of the community because they are part of it.  My job is about relationships and conversations many times and this you will hear, especially toward the end of my sermon.  I did have some great theological people to bounce thoughts and concepts with - this also helps a lot!   Anyway, if you have a chance to listen, I hope you enjoy - the text is the doubting Thomas text read each Easter season.

It is now the end of May and we have some summer travel planned as well as house projects.  So, I have no doubt the summer will again fly by.  Today, Dylan and I gave Eric some space to do his own stuff and headed to Illinois to visit my college roommate Heidi.  We had a great time at a Children's Museum there and then went for a walk in some of the area communities.  This is close to Chicago, so the houses are quite nice.

Yesterday Dylan got his first professional haircut!!!  I have been cutting his hair at home, but it's gotten too difficult, so it really was time.  There are some before and after shots - the after are from our Playgroup in the park with D in the sand with, whatelse... trucks!!!  You'll also see Dylan's friend Eliza with the blond curls.

I hope to take some more video of him this weekend - Dylan's favorite words now are - cars bicycle and ice cube.  he says many other things too, but this are ones that get repeated a lot.

Happy beginning of summer!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment