Monday, July 11, 2011

Camping, Summer Fun and Complete Exhaustion

Of course I was shocked to see my last post was in May.  The summer has been flying by.

Toward the end of May, Dylan started going to a new daycare.  We love it.  The teachers are great and he has a class of all boys!  Though, this week a girl joined them - lucky for her she won't have to share the dolls with anyone.  She is actually a girls that goes to our church so it's nice to see her more often now.

Eric and I spent a few days without D in NYC!  D stayed with Grandma Pearl and Auntie Angie in Plymouth and apparently was the perfect gentleman.  Eric and I enjoyed lots of views on our trip (top of 30 Rockefeller center, view from the Staten Island Ferry, views as we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. views in Central Park)   We also had some great food.  Meals out, a trip to the Union Square Farmers Market for cheese, fruit, veggies and a baguette and then we took the subway back to Central Park and ate lunch on a rock.  We met up with one of my former students from my UWM days and had a nice meal with her followed by her favorite Cupcake Shop and a walk to High Line Park (an old elevated freight train line that was turned into an elevated urban park - way cool!)
Eric on top of 30 Rock looking at the Empire State Building

Right after our days there, I came home and Eric got to stay for training for the week.  Unfortunately, D was sick and then I was sick and we were supposed to camp with friends the weekend Eric got back.  Of course it was Wisconsin June and the weather was cold - so cold some in the group were wearing gloves!  We didn't overnight camp, just went up and spent the afternoon with the group.  This video is of the 4 kids who are all about the same age playing a game together for the first time!





Once D and I started to get better, Eric got sick and is still feeling some sinus pressure - he is hanging on to this too long and is heading back to the doctor this week.

After "camping" we had some time at home...
D loves his toy phone

and trying on mommy's shoes!

sometimes life is exhausting, isn't it?


At the end of June we said farewell to our current Vicar at church and then I got to head with him, Pastor David another male youth leaders and 4 of our Confirmation kids camping again.  This time everyone was healthy and there wasn't a toddler in the bunch.  let me just say, I love Dylan, but middle schoolers - even 3 girls and 1 boy are lots easier to camp with.  Here's a few shots from our last morning - it was foggy at the campsite and just beautiful!
Foggy Path


When I got back it was almost time for ....

Eric made me a cake - first time ever!
Then, Grandma Pearl, Dylan and I went on an adventure to see our friend Kimmy (aka Pastor Kim Knowle) in Sedalia, MO
We checked out the "train tracks' along the Katy Train - a Rails to Trails project.

We got to watch the Sedalia Fourth of July Parade!

Yup, that's Kimmy!

While there we toured the Missouri State Capitol!

Now we are home at least for a little while.  It seems that summer is full of activity around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment