Saturday, May 28, 2011

Easter Crafting

Instead of buying cards this year, Dylan and I decided to make an Easter craft. We had some inspiration, some reuse/recycling to accomplish and some time! For St. Patty's Day Dylan received a special shamrock card from one of his playgroup friends, E. It was a cutout shamrock, but was made with magazine pieces that were torn and then pasted on to the shape. E's mom said that she got into the magazines and this inspired her to make these almost paper mache pieces of art. So, I thought, great. Dylan can rip things.... ahh, but I didn't plan on him trying to eat all the paper in the process. So, I got to make the eggs with the paper mache look. This was quite fun actually.

Then Dylan "finger painted" with his trucks.  (see photos below) and I let this dry and cut these out.  Dylan also "Colored" with marker and this was also used for the eggs.  I wove baskets from old file folders that we just don't use anymore and assembled it all!.
the proud artist!

when painting with trucks, speed is important

eggs cut out of marker color

egg template on the finger/truck painted paper

weaving the folders.  I used a straight edge to rip the paper rather than cut


eggs made out of ripped magazine pieces

The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment