Monday, January 10, 2011

Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and Disney!







Wow, time goes so fast. It's hard to keep up with day to day life let alone the blog. Luckily we've been able to see many family and friends over the holidays so this is a little less necessary!

We just got back from Disney World! We had a wonderful vacation and Dylan did better than I expcected. Certainly, traveling with a 16 (almost 17 month) old is not a cake walk, but all in all we only had 15-20 minutes of our flights (which together were over 4 and a half hours) that I would consider crying/upset. I think that's a big success!

Dylan loved the characters at Disney. We stayed at a Disney World Resort and had a dining plan, so we essentially pre-paid for most of our meals. I had heard it was important to make reservations before going which was good - I made 2 character breakfast reservations, a dinner show reservation and another dinner reservation for us. We had breakfast with Winnie the Pooh characters on our first morning at the Magic Kingdom (or as I would say, the Disneyest of Disney) park.








Really he was more excited than he looks in the photo!
Once we saw this, we started visiting other characters and collecting Dylan's very own autograph book! Fun.

We agreed overall Disney is probably best for a 4-9 year old, but really, there was enough to do with a little dude too.

My race was great. 13.1 miles 10:32 per mile. Lots of weaving a dodging though walkers and slower runners for the first 9 miles. Glad I did it, now to just get some more running going!


No comments:

Post a Comment