By Milwaukee standards, we've had a great snowy winter. We had a great blizzard in February - shut everything down for a day. Almost all the snow melted a few weeks later and then wham, it all seemed to come back the week that Eric was in France for work. This meant I did the shoveling whenever Dylan was asleep. A little here a little there and I felt like all I did was work, sleep and shovel. Luckily I had a friend from church who loves kids and doesn't have any of her own just yet in the neighborhood. She came over one afternoon so I could at least shovel for a bit in the daylight! Rewarding all the hard work, Eric brought home chocolate truffles and perfume from France - a real treat!
It looks like this week we are going to get some nice warm temps. Mid-40's maybe upper 50's for St. Patty's Day on Thursday. I'm decidedly done with the snow and will be glad to have it melt away. I'm ready to be in the yard playing with Dylan on Fridays.
Lent is here which also means life is busy at work my work. It's a really good busy though. I really like the process of contemplation and reflection that Lent affords. Holy Week is full of dramatic movements and services with experiences. Last year for the first time I assisting with the washing of the feet. It was a really powerful experience. I'm excited to have Dylan more aware this year. Perhaps I'll take him with me to work on Thursday and he can get his feet washed at the noon service. He still loves the bath tub and I would imagine would enjoy this!
Speaking of water, we start some swimming classes again with him in a few weeks. I can't wait! He really loves baths and I think this time the class will be a bit more engaging for him especially since he can walk now. He's super skinny still - and tall! 33 inches tall but just below 23 lbs. That means that he is still wearing a few of his 12 month old pants, but they are getting a bit short! He's great is the 18 month and even a few 24 month shirts because height and arms are the right length. All I can think is - this is SO ERIC! My little skinny long boy...
Dylan's favorite activities now include playing with train cars (we have a set from Ikea) and other small wooden cars. He lines them up in a row some times and other times makes noises (they all sound like "chica chica chica" now - train now voom voom of a car yet). He loves chasing and throwing balls. He doesn't sit to still for books often, but sometimes I can get him to sit with me and as he points to things in books I say what they are. Favorite books are still anything with a good rhyme and rhythm - short simple stories (Sandra Boyton is great with this - we have lots of fun with Barn Yard Dance, Pajama Time, The going to Bed Book) His words include "ball" "all du" (all done) "diddy" (kitty) "ma" (milk) "woof" (for a doggy in Big Red Barn book) and then the best "bi bi da de" (Bye Bye Daddy) He can nod and shake his head for yes and no.
Pretty soon it will be more words, more word combos - the change is remarkable. Sorry I don't have pictures to post tonight, but what I really need to get up is the video of him saying bye bye and waving. I just can't believe that two years ago at this time we were getting all excited to find out if we were having a boy or a girl and now he's so big!
No comments:
Post a Comment