
I am heartbroken. I love Eric, I love Dylan and of course we still have our sweet cat, Mozart, but I miss her terribly. I'm now again the only girl in the house. We got her as a puppy just 9 weeks old. I wanted a dog that didn't shed so hopefully Eric wouldn't have allergy issues with the dog and we looked for a long time before deciding to go with a breeder. I researched so much before settling on the place we got her from.
When we brought her home we enrolled in puppy class and then a first level training class. She could sit, go down, and wait patiently for her food as much as she loved it. Eric loved showing off this skill when people would come over. Placing a treat on her outstretched paw and having her wait for "okay" before eating it. She was smart and gentle. Though she liked to jump, we worked with her to stop this practice when people visited. She instead grabbed a toy in her mouth and ran around wildly so excited to have someone visit.
On walks she would be so excited to see kids. I always said, just wait Georgia, someday you'll have your own kids to play with. When I got pregnant and began moving slower and slower, she walked with me, at my pace. When we first brought Dylan home, she sniffed and was patient as she didn't get as much attention as she used to get. It was hard on her, but slowly I began moving more and we started walking together again. She was a great companion when I was home on maternity leave, keeping me company, letting me hug her and pet her when I was an emotional basketcase.
After being groomed again this past weekend, she looked amazing. Her soft coat and ears were beautiful. She even had little bows bedazzled with jewels on. She was loved by Gomer, her boyfriend from down the street and his mom Debbie. She had just made a new friend, Gordy, and his parents Tom and Linda. Georgia helped Tom after he lost their last dog this summer...Georgia was a friend and companion to them too.
For fun one day in 2008 I took this short video of her. She wanted to go out on a walk as I was working and started talking to me... I miss her and can't believe she is gone.
This weekend we will celebrate with friends. Eric will graduate with a Masters of Science in Engineering Management from MSOE. Next weekend Dylan will be baptized and we will celebrate again. The pain will still be there hopefully replaced with fond memories of an amazing friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment